Home / Tag Cousin Island 25
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- All the trees are packed with the rather messy nests of the Lesser noddy
- Lesser noddies (Anous tenuirostris). There are over 80,000 breeding pairs on the island
- Bridled tern (Sterna anaethetus)
- Common or brown noddy (Anous stolidus). Distinguished from the Lesser noddy as it nests in the rocks.
- Ghost crab in the mangroves
- Wedge-tailed shearwaters (Puffinus pacificus) nest in the rocks as well as making underground burrows.
- Giant millipede (Seychelleptus seychellarum)! Only found in the Seychelles.
- Close-up on the millipede - it's not dangerous!
- View over Cousin Island looking out to Aride Island (on the left) and Praslin (on the right).
- Pair of White or Fairy terns (Gygis alba)
- The White-tailed tropicbird (Phaethon lepturus) starts out like this......
- ....moving on to look like this, before eventually......
- Seychelles fody (Foudia sechellarum), listed as Near-threatened on the IUCN redlist, but common at the dinner table.
- .....ending up like this!
- Seychelles magpie-robin (Copsychus sechellarum).