Creation date / 2012 / August
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Coral fragments waiting to be relocated to the net nursery
- Kevin supervising the net nursery being pulled down into place
- The nurseries are held in place by ropes tied to angle bars at the bottom of the ocean and buoys that keep it floating in mid-water
- Rope nursery of juvenile corals
- Bart at hammer time!
- Me hammering in an angle bar to hold a nursery in place
- One of Praslin's beautiful beaches
- Giant clams grown for export
- New engine!
- Ghost crab in the mangroves
- Common or brown noddy (Anous stolidus). Distinguished from the Lesser noddy as it nests in the rocks.
- Bridled tern (Sterna anaethetus)
- Lesser noddies (Anous tenuirostris). There are over 80,000 breeding pairs on the island
- All the trees are packed with the rather messy nests of the Lesser noddy
- Seychelles warbler (Acrocephalus sechellensis)